The Better Choices, Better Health Online Self-Management Program is a free, web-based program open to adults of all ages who are living with one or multiple ongoing health conditions. A computer and internet connection are required.
Offered as a 6-week workshop, the program includes:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Healthy eating
- Making informed treatment decisions
- Disease-related problem solving
- Advanced directives
This workshop does not conflict with existing programs or treatment, it is designed to enhance regular treatment and disease-specific education.
Helpful for people with more than one chronic condition, it provides skills to coordinate all the things needed to manage their health as well as keep active in their lives.
What happens in the program?
Workshops are facilitated by two facilitators. Sessions are highly participative through internal messaging and online discussion boards, where mutual support and success builds the participants' confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
With new lessons each week, participants are asked to log on at their convenience for a total of about 2 hours per week.
How do I get involved?
To participate in this program, please join our Waitlist and someone from our office will contact you shortly.